About Jeremy Klemm
I've been a gamer since the early 80s, when I'd rush home from the bus stop to play Atari 2600 with my best friend. Adventure, Outlaw, and Star Ship were particular favorites back then. ET would have been if it weren't impossibly flawed. Gaming has come a long way since then. Me? Not so much.
I stuck solely with console gaming all the way through elementary school and middle school, spanning across the 8-bit and 16-bit generations, before straying toward PC gaming in late high school and early college. As a result, I mostly missed out on the N64, PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox. Fortunately, that gives me the opportunity to go back and catch up on some of that stuff on the cheap. As a result, you may see me writing some reviews of older games from the perspective of someone who missed them the first time around.
In general I consider myself to be a big fan of RPGs, as you'll probably detect by my list of favorite games. Other than RPGs, I enjoy some sports games, some RTS type games, and have recently become a big fan of Survival Horror, mostly thanks to Dead Space (PS3) and Resident Evil 4 (Wii). I've also been known to dabble in the FPS genre, though a general lack of creativity and ingenuity in that area in recent years has caused my interest to wane. I tend to favor the PS3, Wii and DS systems, though on occasion I'm still known to play a PS2 game that I missed, or a classic from the original Playstation.
In terms of my non-gaming life, I spent way too long in school, earning a degree in Computer Science, and another in Journalism, working all the while. I've done some writing for USA Today, but most of my writing experience has been purely for personal enrichment or entertainment. When I'm not doing something related to video games, I'm probably playing baseball, masochistically watching the Nationals, obsessing over the tagging of my mp3s, or indulging in any of my dozens of other hobbies.
I currently live in Northern Virginia, just outside of Washington, D.C.
- Chrono Trigger
- Final Fantasy 7
- Final Fantasy 6
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Dead Space
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- God of War 2
- Heavy Rain
- Dark Souls
- Final Fantasy 9
- Nintendo DS
- Jennifer Hepler, the Galileo of Gaming — 2/20/12
- 5 Games That Will Sell Me a Vita — 2/20/12
- Uncharted 3 and Modern Gamer Problems — 2/7/12
- Rayman: Origins is a Ray of Hope for 2D — 1/20/12
- Behind the scenes of Uncharted: Golden Abyss — 1/19/12
- The top games of My 2011 — 12/13/11
- Dark Souls falls short of Demon's Souls, but it's still hellacious fun — 12/5/11
- I Got 999 Problems — 11/22/11
- Rockstar releases first Grand Theft Auto V Trailer — 11/2/11
- Surprise! Some new media for Asura's Wrath — 11/1/11